In pursuance of the State Government notification no. 1551 dated 24 July 2008 the University has been successfully discharging the following duties.
1. Alim / Fazil Examination:- The primary objective of the University is to develop higher studies in Arabic and Persian. The University is conducting Alim (Graduate) and Fazil (Post Graduate) examinations which were earlier conducted by the Bihar Madrasa Education Board. Now these degrees will be equivalent to 3-year degree and post graduate degree respectively of any other University in India or abroad. This is an unparalleled development through which Madrasa students will have access to mainstream education and employment opportunities. About 12,000 students were enrolled for these examinations in 2010-11..
2. Vocational Education:- Although established in 1998 yet the Maulana Mazharul Haque Arabic and Persian University, Patna could began its first academic session in 2008 only with 4 degrees 5 diploma and 4 certificate courses in vocational stream. The objective was to cover the educational deficit specially in the emerging areas of job opportunities. We offer vocational course in Computer Application, Business Administration, Information Science, Panchayati Raj and Oriental Studies. The University has enrolled about 3000 students in vocational/professional courses mostly belonging to socially, economically and geographically disadvantaged group.
3. Training and Development:- Apart from disseminating knowledge and conducting examinations of higher level of Arabic and Persian Institutions, the University is also providing extension services, consultancy and training facilities to students and teachers belonging to minority communities. In 2008 Direct Trainer Skill Development Pragramme was organized in collaboration with Bihar Institute for Public Administration and Rural Development. In 2009 several interactive programmes were organised in association with professional bodies and ageneses to give the students a worldview.
4. Minority Coaching:- The University is also conducting Free Coaching for Minority candidates with the object to prepare them for Civil Services, Railway, Banking, SSC, Medical and Engineering entrance Examinations. The University has also taken up coaching for constable recruitment in nine districts in Bihar. This is a historic development where a State University has been charged with empowering minorities through training and remedial coaching. It gives us satisfaction that 6 students prepared for interview for the Civil Services Examination in 2010 have been selected to different administrative posts by BPSC. The University holds a unique position with regard to empowerment of minorities. On the initiative of Vice Chancellor Prof. Qamar Ahsan the University has conduced constable Recruitment coaching and CAT/ MAT coaching for undergraduate students belonging to the minority community.
5. Empowering through Knowledge:- The objective of the University is to empower the disadvantaged groups like Woman, Minorities and Dalits through providing access and inclusion to main-steam educational facilities so that they can avail the job opportunities in emerging areas. Vocational programme is conducted through innovative organisation i.e., Knowledge Resource Centre Networking. We are reaching out to for-flung areas in order to provide professional course at affordable cost. The University has also signed MOU with N.I.C, (Bihar, Patna) for total e-administration. Of the department of the University.