Diploma in Oriental Librarianship
- Objective: To train and demonstrate special knowledge of Oriental Librarianship and to develop skill for understanding application of modern library technology. Further to equip students with understanding of the best practices in oriental libraries. Knowledge of Arabic Persian, Urdu, languages will be preferred.
- Eligibility: The candidate must have passed the Intermediate (+2) or equivalent Examination from Madrasa Education Board or any recognised Board/Council, Candidate who are deputed by the Government, Public and Corporate Bodies may apply for admission provided they fulfil the eligibility. Students from foreign countries can also joint the course with special permission of the Admission Committee of the University. This diploma course will be conducted as an add-on course.
- Duration: One year.
- Course Structure: There shall be total four theory papers carrying 100 marks each, and one Practical Paper of 100 Marks.
Curriculum shall be as follows:-
The Syllabus may be revised if so required.
|Paper - I
||History of Library.
|Paper - II
||Organisation and administration of Libraries with reference to Bihar (Oriental library resources)
|Paper - III
||Modern Tools & Technique of Librarianship.
|Paper - IV
|Paper - V
||Project / On the job Training.
- Fee Structure: : 3500/- for Indian Residents, and Rs. 5000/- for Foreign / NRIs. Registration Fee Rs. 200/-, Examination Fees Rs. 500/- Tarang Eklavya Rs. 10/-.
- The course will be conducted on self-finance basis.
- The fee for the course shall be charged at the beginning of each academic year.
- SC/ST candidates will be allowed 20% concession in tuition fee.
- The fee may be revised by the University in changing circumstances.
- Preference in admission will be given to those passing out from Madrasa System of Education.
• Reservation:- The University shall follow the Reservation norms as per Bihar State Govt. Rules
• Medium of Instruction: Hindi, English or Urdu.
• Seat Limit : Sixty (60) seats in each KRC.
• Training: Training facility to be provided as per the requirement of the course.
• Dress Code & Discipline :The students must observe dress code and must follow rules as prescribed by the University.
* The University reserves the right to make changes (if necessary) in the course curriculum regulation for examination and eligibility for admission and other details.